Andy has discovered a new "cool trick" as he likes to call it. Hanging from the tree in our front yard! We have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather the past couple of days. The boys were outside playing yesterday evening for almost two hours. Playing with pinwheels, scooters, cars, and of course the tree in our front yard. Emily was happy in the Baby Bjorn. She also went for a hike in it today when we went to the Nature Preserve during Andy's school. Jack really enjoyed seeing the turtles & frogs, and also really liked the hiking - he did more running though. I had to call for him to wait up for Mommy and Emily!
I've also started trying to get back into running - the past two afternoons I ran for a bit on the treadmill while Jack was upstairs napping (with the baby monitor), Emily was napping in her carseat next to the treadmill, and Andy played next to me in the basement and watched a TV show. I think the bigger accomplishment was that the kids stayed happy and sleeping the entire time :)
Andy with a pinwheel

Riding the scooter, trying to get the pinwheel to spin... looking at the picture now, maybe I shouldn't have let him do it, since it could have poked him in the eye. No injuries though!

Jack with his pinwheel


The face of a happy 2 year old :)

Andy racing down the driveway

Best brothers

Now kind of tackling eachother - but in good fun

Crashdown, as Jack calls it.

Figuring out how to hang from the tree


Andy is looking so old! Almost 4 and a half now.

And here's what Emily was up to while we played...

A couple more tree hangs


Chasing around the tree

Jack was trying to lift the tree up.

Emily in her pack n play last night

She was wide awake yesterday evening and night... But once she fell asleep for good at 11, she slept all the way until 4:30!!!! Then she ate quickly and went right back to sleep until 7:15. I'll take that any day :) Almost counts as sleeping through I think.
If the weather cooperates, I think we're going to try to go to the NEW Zoo, Buboltz Nature Preserve, and a pumpkin patch some time in the next couple of weeks. Time to enjoy autumn :)
1 comment:
HI Jenny:
Great pictures of the kids!! Looks like they enjoyed the weather! I love the photo of the boys together! Emily is growing each day!! Talk to you soon!~ Love, Mom
Post a Comment