This past Sunday, Chris, Jack, Andy and I had a fun day, mostly spent outside. We got all ready to go for a hike to Highcliff State Park. This was our first time going out with both Andy and Jack. We tried to time it just right - so that Jack would be ready for a nap, but Andy wouldn't be too tired.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that we brought Bailey too on the hike! I'm happy to report that we successfully completed at 2.5 mile loop with everyone being pretty happy the whole way. Andy asked to get out of his backpack a few times, but when we would let him out, he didn't want to hike, he wanted us to carry him. But he ended up being pretty satisfied in the carrier, and Chris got to train for his trip to Colorado with a 30 pound kid on his back!

The only downside of the trip is that we were not prepared for the extremely terrible mosquitos that were out. I successfully shielded Jack from bites, but Chris, Andy and I were not as lucky!

Some nice hikers along the way offered to take a family pic for us. We almost got everyone looking :)

And I got to carry Jack in the Baby Bjorn. Easier than Andy, but he's probably about 16 pounds now, so not a totally simple exercise! He was actually awake for about half of the hike and then he zonked out.

Here's Jack post-hike, just hanging out at the picnic table. He was watching his big brother climb up to the top of the tower.
Here's the tower that Andy and I climbed up. Andy and I are at the top, waving down but we're so tiny that you can't really see us!

On both Saturday and Sunday, Andy was having fun looking at the Goodyear blimp that was traveling around in the air near our house. We would think that it was gone, but then Andy would say "FLUMP!!", and sure enough, it would be back overhead again! And yes, we tried to correct him a few times that it was a BLimp not a FLUmp - I think he's got it right now, but it was pretty funny hearing what he called it :)

This weekend, Andy got to see a baby frog that Chris found while he was mowing the lawn. Don't worry "froggie" was safely returned to the lawn after Andy got to hold him briefly. Also, Andy and Chris went on a bike ride on a bike trial where they rode by a police station. They stopped to look at the cars, and Andy got to meet a very nice policeman who turned on the flashing lights for Andy to see. We've been asking Andy each night what his favorite part of his day was, and this weekend it was "the froggie, meeting the policeman, the adventure(hike), and the tower. It was a great last weekend before I started back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment