On Wednesday my best friend from college, Sara, came to visit with her daughter Emily. Sara lives in Colorado now, so we only see each other one or two times a year. It was great to spend some time with her, and get to know her daughter Emily better. Sara's other daughter Courtney and Sara's husband, Tom stayed in Colorado. Sara thought it would be too crazy to travel with two young kids, and I totally agree - I don't think I would take that on either! However, we've spent more time with Courtney in the past and this was the first time Andy really got to play with Emily. Emily is adorable and Andy got along pretty well with her :) He kind of did his own thing some of the time and kept calling Emily "this girl" and pointing to her when he was talking about her. We kept reminding him this was Emily, but the last time he saw her she was a little 4 month old, so he didn't think this toddler could be her. She's a little over a year now and is a very little adventurous girl!
Here's Andy showing Emily how to push the buttons on his Big Wheel. He may also have been trying to get on it himself because it seemed like any toy Emily was playing with, he wanted to play with too!

We went to a park on Thursday and played for awhile. Emily liked the swings...
The airplane was Andy's favorite activity there, so I even got to ride on it with him. We're ready for blast off!
And here I am trying to hold Jack and spin Andy at the same time. I always hope that Jack will sleep through the whole park time, but he usually wakes up half way through! I've gotten good at helping Andy with only one free hand.

Emily really liked all of the slides, and she did really well on them! Especially since she is about a year younger than Andy - I think she is more daring than he is right now!

Here's what I think Emily was thinking "Hmmmm... so many cars! I'm not used to that at all, most of my toys are pink and girly at my house! What do we do with these things?"

Andy was happy to help show Emily how to play with these cars and trucks! (Just kidding, she actually really liked playing with them and figured them out on her own)

Here's a shot of the three kids. We did not attempt a posed picture, so this will have to do!

And Mr. Mellow Jack just taking it all in!

Sara and Emily reading a book together. Emily really liked books with animals in them - and we have plenty of those!

Andy looking on curiously... thinking should I stop playing with my truck to listen to the book?

Like I said, Emily is a little daredevil!

Here she is, chilling with Jack. She and Jack are almost exactly one year apart.

And, Emily made a really good friend with Bailey. She loved him! (she got to borrow some of Andy's old pj's - for a little bit there it was looking like we had 3 boys, aged 2 yr, 1 yr, and 2 months!)

Giving Bailey his ball - Bailey enjoyed all of the extra attention!

Emily playing under Jack's activity gym and Jack napping in the swing. Jack does a lot of napping in his swing and was happy to share his other toys!

With little kids, it always looks like a tornado went through the room by the end of the day.

Andy was enjoying playing a board game for awhile. Emily looked on while drinking some water..

I forgot to have Chris take a picture of Sara and I before he left for work today, but I wanted to get one before Sara and Emily left to visit family. I tried to show Andy how to work the camera, but it was just a little too complicated for him. So here's a shot with me holding the camera!

And to be a little bit nostalgic, Sara and I were roommates for all 4 years at Madison. This first picture is of us in our dorm room... From over 10 years ago - we're so old now! Can't believe we each have 2 children now!

And here's one from 9 years ago of Sara and I... If you can see the leg on the right hand side of the picture, that's Chris, and we had only been dating a week I think :) I think we were going to a Hawaiian themed party that night.
No comments:
Post a Comment