Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Say cheese!!!

On Tuesday, Andy really surprised me by actually wanting his picture taken. Usually, he covers up his face and tries to hide from the camera when I'm trying to get him to smile. But here he is after doing a couple of laps around our family room!


And here is Jack watching Andy in the Jumperoo as he flies by him.

Woah there cowboy! This jumperoo is quite jumpy!! A big (but noticeably fake) smile!
And here's our little baby boy - 18 pounds now I think!
It's been a busy week so far with Chris away in China. Andy's been missing Chris and is not used to me having to split my attention from him so much. So, yesterday he was being a little loud and rambunctious, pointing at Jack and saying "GRRRRR" and then Jack, who has been a little sensitive this week, started to pout and cry. I'd get Jack settled down, and then Andy would run around another lap and try to do it again. I said, "Andy, that's not very nice at all" and then Andy said "I'm not a nice boy" while trying to squint and put on a tough guy face. I guess big brothers aren't ALWAYS super nice to their little brothers. But I got Andy to say sorry and got Jack down for a little nap which he really needed, and all was well.

Tonight we took a better tactic and went to the park to play from 5pm until 7 pm. We finally got home to eat dinner, but the neighbor kids (aged 7-12 probably) were all playing outside, so Andy stayed out and ran around trying to play their games for another hour. He's got lots of energy, but at least we had a positive outlet tonight! The bigger kids were all really good with him and got a kick out of the things Andy would say - Andy would just start making conversation and say "What's my favorite animal? Hmmmm.... an elephant" and "that's my dog over there, Bailey," and "that tree is tiny (while pointing to the one in front of the house) it's growing bigger bigger bigger (while standing on his tip toes)" and "That's my brother Jack" It was pretty cute! And I got my work out in because I was following Andy around, carrying 18 pounds of Jack! All in all, a fun but exhausting night!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Wow, you have been super busy. Good thing you have a vacation coming up! :) I loved your commentary - especially Andy's conversations. Now is a time when it would be great to live closer, especially with both husbands out of town! Ben's 8 week apt. will be more like a 10 week so I have to wait a little longer for his official stats. Have a great time in Door County!!

Thoresen Family said...

glad to hear you and the boys are doing well. I too am doing flying solo this week - phew, I think when the guys return we're going to have to send them out with the kids so we can all get naps!

The posed picture of Andy is so cute!