Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lots to celebrate!

It's been awhile since I've posted an update, but we had a very busy week last week. Jack met his Great Grandma and Grandpa Graham for the first time, as they came up to visit from Kansas City. Andy, of course, also had a lot of fun with them. My Grandpa Graham made Andy some really cool chair/table/step stools that he loves - see him eating at them below? He also uses them to cook his "play" food, do construction with his drill and hammer, and climb around on. So multi-functional! My brothers and I each had one when we were young, so it was neat that Andy enjoyed them too. Here's Jack with his Great Grandma and Grandpa Graham. And here are the kids and I with them. I think Jack really enjoyed his time with them because he got cuddled and held so much!
Also, Ryan, Marianne, and Ben were in town to visit with our grandparents and for the baby shower for Ben. So we enjoyed seeing how much Ben had grown in the couple of weeks since we last saw him in Door County. Jack had a great time at Ben's shower - although I don't think they were awake during it at the same time. They took turns snoozing in the swing.

Here's Jack and Grandma Reinsel at the shower. He's getting pretty heavy to carry around, but still likes to be held while he sleeps

And here are Jack and Ben, post-party. Jack had a little bit of drooling going on, but that's nothing new for him!
Ben and Jack bonded under an activity gym. This was Ben's that he brought from home, and Jack was pretty impressed by it. Here he is saying "Oooooh, Mom, we need to get this toy too!"
Jack and his Grandpa Graham just chilling out.
And Ben with his Grandma Graham. She threw a fantastic shower for Ben and was SO helpful with all of the kids. Last weekend, we also celebrated my birthday, which was actually on Tuesday - Andy did a great job with helping me blow out the candles!
Also, it was my Grandma Dickson's Birthday the day after mine. My parents' wedding anniversary the day after that, and on Sunday it was Chris's and my wedding anniversary. Like I said, we had a lot going on :) Chris and I have been married 6 years. We have had so many wonderful times together already and now have two amazing kids. We are so lucky!!!

No comments: