Friday, October 7, 2011

Apple Orchard Morning

This morning, Jack, Emily and I went to the apple orchard to pick some apples. Andy is very sensitive to what we do while he is at school (he doesn't want us doing anything super fun that he would miss out on) but he was happy to let us go to the orchard without him. (Andy can't stand the taste, smell, or sight of apples. Crazy!) This orchard was awesome. They had about 10 different varieties of trees to pick from and I think we ended up with the most random 17 pound bag of apples. Jack hiked the entire length of the orchard, we turned back, then when we saw the barn, he wanted to turn around and pick some more. We got McIntoshes, Golden Delicious, Empire, Jonagold's and a couple of other kinds. I need to make some applesauce and an apple pie now :) Jack would find an apple and say, "I found the biggest, best apple in the whole world!" He ate about 3 apples while we were there, and Emily was so happy to work on one apple the entire time we picked. What a beautiful October day!
Here's Jack, deciding which way to go...


Emily was enjoying the apple.



Jack, reaching for a good one.

Emily, posing with her apple

Jack, bringing back a golden delicious apple for us.

Ready to head home!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Looks like you had a fun time and I know how Jack loves apples!!