It's Mother's Day today, but I've already had a few special days to remember. On Thursday, Andy's school had a Mom's Day where they sang songs, listened to stories about moms, and had special snacks with us. It was very fun, and I was so proud to see Andy up there. Andy also gave me a plant with a decorated pot that he made.
Andy is in the bright blue shirt (on purpose so Jack and I could find him quickly!)


Andy next to one of his very good school friends Isaac

Yesterday, I drove up to Door County to run in the Half Marathon at Peninsula State Park. It was an AWESOME race - beautiful course (all through the park with great views of the lake, running through the woods), beautiful weather (50's and sunny), and a great race to be in after taking 2 years off. Funny thing - when I got home, Andy gave me a big hug and this was our conversation:
Andy, "Mommy did you get 1st place?"
Me, "Nope"
Andy, "Did you get second place?"
Me, "No, but I got this cool medal for finishing!"
Andy, "Wow, that's cool that they even give medals when you lose. They must have had zillions of medals to give people."
Blunt, but true :) And even though I definitely did not win, I was very happy with my time (1:51:27, 22/124 in my division, 83/728 of women) Faster than when I ran a half at age 22 and a hillier course too! Next race, I'm going to definitely try to get under 1:50. It was actually very fun to have a solo day on my own, but if anyone is interested in a wonderful half marathon, next year's is on May 5!

I'm trying to upload a couple of videos - one of Emily crawling and one of Andy singing at Mom's Day, but they are taking forever, so it will be a different post if it works! Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there :)
2 comments:
GREAT JOB JENNY!!! DAD AND I ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!
Awesome job on your run! I definitely can not keep up with you anymore. :) See you soon!!
Post a Comment