Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jack and Mommy time

Jack and I are having a couple of bonding days this week! Andy is spending 2 days at his Grandma Graham's house - getting spoiled and doing all sorts of fun things (the zoo, the park - when I get pictures, I'll post them). He's been wanting to go there for awhile now and we thought it would be good to do before his preschool starts next week. Jack is home with me and it's amazing how low-key and easy our days have been... we've gone for walks, for a jog, to the grocery store, to the park, and played outside. Sometimes Jack will run around the house calling for Andy, but overall he's been enjoying his solo time. And I've been enjoying my 2 plus hours of his nap time and Jack's 8:00 bed time! I even joined Facebook (finally!) yesterday.

Here we are in the backyard. Jack was playing with the sand table for about 20 minutes and then decided to really have fun with it. He climbed up and in all by himself! A little small for a beach, but he made it work. He was able to get out on his own too - I have a feeling we'll be seeing him do this again. But when Andy's home, Andy will flip out if he sees Jack climbing into "his" sand table.



Ready to go out for a walk... I forgot how light and maneuverable our single jogger stroller is!
We spent some time here at this construction site - watching the digger dump dirt into the dump trucks. This is about 1/2 mile from our house and has fascinated the boys all summer. It's going to become a big pond, which is nice.

No comments: