Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Emmie's First Haircut

Emily got her first haircut today! She did wonderfully. She's been to this place at least 10 times already, watching both of the boys get their haircuts here. She really just needed a good trim in back, since her hair was really uneven - some pieces being halfway down her back when wet, it looked like she had a little tail!

We started with emily in the little elephant. She was a little nervous and did not look thrilled. Maybe she was mad that she was wearing an old sweater of Jack's (I think I was feeling sentimental when I got Emmie dressed, remembering when Jack got his first haircut)

Combing out her hair...

Holding onto a little teddy bear, a couple of tears in her eyes, but she didn't cry...



Just evening out the length, and then ending with some long layers...

She was too short for the elephant, so she moved to the jeep. Her spirits lifted once she was in the jeep and she had fun riding in it while her hair got cut. The sucker definitely helped her mood too :) (Another reason for the red sweater - I knew I'd be bribing her with sticky sweets!)

Just another day at the salon...piece of cake!





Tada! Haircut complete with cute little pigtails






Time to pick a prize for being so good! What to pick.... (yes, the boys definitely each picked the blow-up snake sword - no question!) But Emily picked yummy, sticky cotton candy. From this picture, you can kind of see the back of her hair. Still pretty long, and I love the curls that happened naturally!

Mmmm.. messy!



The boys got haircuts too - same cuts as usual for each of them. They were good as always. So now we're officially ready for Christmas :)

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh Jenny, Emily looks so cute!! She looked pretty sad at first but seemed like she was doing pretty good as the time went by! Anxious to see you guys!!