Emily and I are doing pretty well in the hospital today. I found out the hard way that it's not fun to wake up in the morning without any pain medication after a c-section. I'm staying on top of it now, taking something every 3 hours. We have been staying busy and enjoying our visitors when they come. Jack likes holding Emily's bottle for her, and Andy loves to talk to his baby sister. Grandma Graham is watching Jack and Andy this week (which is SO wonderful) and when they woke up this morning, coming to the hospital was the first thing they wanted to do. Andy has been having fun playing with a lightswitch that moves an overhead light (kind of like a spotlight) in the room and Jack was happy to play cars and watch a DVD while visiting.
Emily continues to do well, except this afternoon we found out that her bilirubin levels are elevated. Not quite to the point of needing treatment officially, but because they are right on the border and we had such an issue with Jack's levels, she is sleeping in her bili-bed with the blue lights now. She's still in the room with me though, which is great. Like Jack, she has a different blood type than I do (I'm O positive, she's A positive) so she has the risk of developing jaundice due to ABO blood incompatibility. They are going to check the levels again this evening to make sure they either decrease or plateau. Let's hope she doesn't have to stay longer in the hospital like Jack did! The doctors are trying to be proactive so that we can come home tomorrow.
We've taken over a hundred pictures already of course, but here are a few of my favorites so far!
2 comments:
Too cute! I can't believe how much hair she has! Maybe there is something to the heartburn old wives tale ;) Can't wait to meet her!
1Looking good. It's so weird that we got released right as you were going in. I wish I can been on top of my blog watch and facebook and stuff and would've come to see you yesterday. Can't wait until these girls can play together.
Post a Comment