Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Summer on St. Patrick's Day

It's been awhile since I've blogged, but I figured an almost 70 degree day in the middle of March is worth getting started again for! I have a lot of posts to catch up on after this one (and will - soon) but I wanted to get this one posted because we had such an awesome day. It started out last night actually with Andy going to bed at 6:30 and Jack at 7:30, with both sleeping until 8:15 this morning! This nice weather tired them out yesterday since we have spent the last couple of days running around at parks. We got up and went to Menard's where we bought a bigger swimming pool and some seeds & planting supplies. The swimming pool was an adventure for the boys since a forklift driver had to get the pool down from the top shelf of the warehouse area, which they thought was cool. For the seeds, the boys picked Tomato, Sunflower, Cucumber, and Watermelon. We'll see if they grow! After the trip to the store, we met Chris at a park and played over lunch.
Jack was then ready for his nap, so we went home. Andy and I planted our seeds into seedling trays and then we filled up the pool - partially with the hose, part with hot water from the sink. Since it was a nice warm temperature, Andy swam for over an hour :) Once Jack got up from his nap he played outside with the sand table and then the boys had a snack at their picnic table. Then we went for an hour long walk in the jogger outside with Bailey. All in all we spent the whole day outside and had a blast. What a great St. Patrick's Day! Like I said, more posts to come - of the circus, 2 zoos, visits to grandparents' houses, and of course our new addition coming to the family at the end of August :)


No comments: