Friday, July 24, 2009

Summer haircut time

Today I took the boys to get their haircuts - we needed something cooler for the warm summer. I hadn't gotten good pics of Jack's first haircut, so we photo-documented his third instead. I've done enough with Andy that we've perfected the strategy. M&M's and milk, along with a music toy usually keep him entertained long enough to get the job done. We went right after his nap - he was just waking up in the beginning of his cut. Then, Andy went when Jack was done.

Here's Jack, pre-haircut, deciding how short to go. He wanted to sit on the elephant during his haircut.
Getting a little spritzed...
A happy boy - just about done!
"Hey, I thought we were done," says Jack... Well, since he was behaving so well, she was able to clean up even better around his ears.
Here is Andy, pre-haircut. He always gets his cut in the jeep. He no longer needs the m&m's and other bribes, which is excellent. All he needs is for me to hold a dry towel over his eyes when she's doing the front (he hates getting the itchy hairs on his face)
Buzz, buzz...
All done!
Enjoying their treats... Jack got a sucker and Andy wanted the popcorn

1 comment:

Marianne said...

I LOVE the haircuts. They are so cute! Ben needs some tips from Jack as to how to make it through a haircut. :) Hope you have a great time in Door County... wish we could be there!