I'm trying to catch up on posts, so I've posted quite a few new ones tonight - continue on past this post if you are interested :)
My mom came up to watch the boys for a couple of days so we took advantage of having a photographer for our super-swim lesson Wednesday night last night. It's a handful getting both of the boys and us ready to go in the water, and getting us all back out and ready to brave the cold. But it's totally worth it! Jack loves relaxing in the water and even likes to splash. Andy is REALLY loving it now. This week most recently (not the pictures below - they were from last week) he really enjoyed wearing his Spiderman swimsuit in the water and pretended he was Spiderman the whole time. I was wearing a green suit last night, so thus I was Green Lantern (obviously).
Here we are waiting to get into the pool...

Waving to Grandma, Andy still a little tired (he fell asleep on the drive there)

Sitting down very patiently...

In the water, doing some warm-ups

Tossing Andy into the air...

Andy checking to see how Jack is liking it

Go Jack go! He's a good little swimmer-man

Jack, of course, has a ball. He loves playing with balls in the water (or on land!)

Andy and I doing some swimming. He loves his goggles, but they also bother him when they fall off (but he doesn't like them tight either) We were able to skip them this week, which made things better I think.

We've perfected our getting out of the water routine which helped things a lot this week. A couple of minutes before class is over, I switch kids with Chris and take Jack out of the water into the locker room. We get there early so are guaranteed a mini-locker room. I get Jack changed, give him his bottle which he holds and drinks while I get ready. Then I come back into the pool area where Chris and Andy are enjoying some free-swim time (there's no lesson after us so we get to stay as long as we want) When we finally cajole Andy out of the pool, I get him dressed while Jack sits on the floor and Chris gets ready on his own in his locker room. And then we are ready to brave the cold - with two sleepy kids in the car ready for bed!
Some other pictures while Grandma Graham was watching Andy and Jack. Here are some of Jack's fun things he likes to do.... hide in his little fort under the jumperoo....

Play in the kitchen, opening and closing the fridge and oven...

Drink juice with Andy...

Gnaw on the juice cup (yes, I think he's getting more teeth)

Bang two objects together to make some noise (not a good hairday that day - he's got something funny going on in back!)

Sit back and relax after he's eaten a big meal... happy with a full tummy :)

No comments:
Post a Comment