Thursday, March 12, 2009

Andy's got some ENERGY!

Andy had a great day a few days ago that included racing around the house doing "laps" pretending he was Pablo from the Backyardigans in a race around the world. He had his race pack on (my long distance water pack) and kept saying, "I sure am thirsty, good thing I am prepared!" It was really fun to see him getting some exercise and using his imagination at the same time. Jack enjoyed watching Andy doing the laps, and even got some crawling in, trying to keep up with him.

A smiley guy taking a break from his running.

Silly picture - he was trying to think of something (I don't remember exactly what)
And here, he realized he was being cute and hammed it up a little.
Jack enjoyed playing with some toys by the fire truck while Andy was racing.
Working a ball into the mix.
Later that same day, we took advantage of the 45 degree weather and got outside for our first walk in months. Andy initially said he wanted to ride in the stroller (we thought he was going to crash and sleep, he was acting so tired) but he thought walking looked like more fun. He ended up walking about a mile and splashing in the puddles all along the way. His feet and legs were drenched, yet it did not bother him at all. We could not believe it. He just doesn't get that cold I guess.
Here's Andy, Jack and I. Jack enjoyed the first half hour, but was getting a little antsy and hungry after a bit.
Splash, splash!
Daddy, Bailey and Andy on their way home.
Soaking wet (in 40 degree weather) but very happy. Don't worry, we got him home soon after this and warmed him up!

No comments: