Friday, September 26, 2008

Vacation Day Friday - 80 and Sunny in September

We don't get too many 80 degree sunny days in September, especially that happen to land on a Friday, so I decided we had better take advantage of it. I took a vacation day from work which means it's a 3 day weekend now! Andy and I had a special adventure morning planned, so Jack went to school for a half day. Andy and I started out by going to the Children's Museum from 9-10:30. We were the only ones there for awhile so he got to drive the crane, firetruck, and airplane all he wanted. We did a couple of art projects and then decided it was time to play outside at a park. We went to the rocketship park in Neenah and had fun there for an hour - ate a snack outside and played on a cannon by the water. Then, for the practical part of our trip, we went to the store for some diapers & baby food (jack will be starting more solids soon!). Andy got to pick out a toy since he was so good and he picked out a couple of Star Wars action figures - I told him daddy will love playing those with him! Lastly, we went to lunch at Culvers where we split a kid's meal - Andy eats what he wants, which is usual 1/4 of it, and then I get the rest. All in all, a great morning. I really enjoyed the one-on-one time with Andy where he got to do pretty much whatever he wanted to -without a baby to worry about. He was very ready to go to school to get Jack after lunch though. When we got to his classroom, Andy gave him a big hug.

We picked up Jack and then headed to ANOTHER park - this time Jack got to go in the swings next to Andy for the first time, and loved it!! He had lots of fun. Once we got home, Andy decided he needed MORE time outside. So (for the last time this year probably) we made some water balloons and Andy splashed them all over us. Jack was laying on a blanket outside and was working on his rolling over skills - he is VERY good at rolling over from back to tummy now. And now, as I type this, Andy is playing very quietly because he's tired due to our no nap day, and Jack is sound asleep. I feel like we did so much in one day!! And it's not even officially the weekend yet!




No comments: