Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Rainy Day Homecoming

At 7:30 this morning, Andy was sitting on the couch, looking out the window, waiting for daddy. He wanted to continue sitting there, but I told him we had to wait a few hours, so we might as well play a little bit! This evening, before Chris got home, some great puddles had formed outside in our circle. Andy's class at school is the "puddle jumpers" so I figured we should test out his skills in the sport of puddle jumping. He got his new raincoat on and went outside in search of some great puddles. I soon discovered why rainboots would have come in handy, but he didn't care too much about getting his feet wet :)

We got inside and dried off right before daddy got home. Andy was so happy to see Chris and wanted to get thrown in the air right away! Then it was time for presents!! Andy and Jack both got an Olympics t-shirt, and they got a cool pro-soccer uniform to grow into. Andy also got a little jade elephant to play with (elephants are currently his favorite). He was so happy with it that he told Chris "You have to go back to China to get 2 elephants." I guess he wants to start an elephant herd! We don't want to send Chris right back there, so we found another elephant we had here to be this little jade elephant's daddy. (so little jade elephant wouldn't be lonely) Andy was also entertained by the chopsticks Chris brought home, and ate his french fries with them!

Maybe I can get Chris to post some of his China pics on the blog, but these pictures are of Andy playing outside 2 weeks ago that I didn't get to post earlier, splashing around in puddles on a rainy day, and welcoming Chris home from his almost 2 week trip. Enough talk, here are the pics!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Jenny! These pictures are adorable! I can't wait to see the boys, especially to see how much Jack has changed. I can't get enough of that smile. Welcome home Chris!! Also - I found the mobile that your mom has on Ebay! We got ours in the mail today. There are more online, you should check it out!