Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Build-A-Bear Adventure

A few of Chris's friends at work got Jack a gift card to Build-A-Bear workshop so that we could create his first teddy bear for him. We had never been there before - it's a pretty cool store! (I would have LOVED it when I was smaller and had hundreds of stuffed animals) We thought Andy could help make Jack's bear, but he was a little young yet to get excited about it. Chris and I picked out a very cute teddy bear, and because we had some extra left over on the gift card, a cheetah too. We saw them get stuffed, I put a little red heart inside each of them, Andy could have given them a bath if he had wanted to (there are little fans to spray air like a shower for them), and he could have brushed their hair. But he thought they were clean enough already, so we went straight to the naming station. Andy loved sitting at the computers with us while we officially named the animals and made birth certificates for them. Jack was awake and happy while we were at the store too.

So, we're happy to announce that Jack has a teddy bear named Shaun. (A little history behind the name: Andy got his favorite teddy bear about a year ago that I named Gus, after a character on one of my favorite tv shows Psych. Well, Shaun is the other main character on that show, so that is what Jack's bear is named now! If you haven't seen the show Psych, it is pretty good - it's a comedy detective show - new season starts on USA on July 18th I believe!) We also have a cheetah named Chase. He is supposed to be for Jack too, but Andy has taken quite a liking to him. He gave him a little blanket inside his Build a Bear "house" and had Chase come downstairs with him to play. He's been giving Chase hugs and sitting on the couch with him, so I think Chase may be playing with Andy more than Jack for awhile at least :)



No comments: