Monday, May 6, 2013

Door County in May

We spent last weekend in Door County and had a wonderful time!  I ran the Door County Half Marathon for the third year in a row.  (The weather was perfect and it was SO nice to have people cheering me on this year!)  This was the first time in 7 years that we did not have to bring the pack n play.  Awesome! 

Here are the kids in their bedroom... Emily was on the end (jumping), then Jack, then Andy hiding under his sleeping bed.  They all slept great in there!

This year we did a lot of exploring around the rocks by the water.  Good practice for our Colorado trip this summer!






Frozen custard from Not Licked yet - Yum!

 Best buddies while we were having a fire outside and making s'mores


 Bedtime story from Grandpa
 Big hugs for Emily
 Hiking down by the marina
 Handsome boys!

 Still waking up... cuddling with Grandma
 The kids loved playing with their cousin Jude!
 I'm the one in purple.  This is about at mile 7.  It had been a bit hilly in the couple of previous miles, but it was all downhill after mile 9 :)  Chris was awesome and ran 4 miles with me - it helped break up the time!  I finished in under 1:55.  Not as fast as last year (but my third fastest time in all my halfs) but I really enjoyed it this year. (versus my feelings last year of pushing the pace and really wanting it to just be over) 

 More time spent outside!


On Sunday I went for a bike ride with my dad and Brad.  It was a chilly 22 miles!  It was a great training ride for our big one coming up in a month.  It was very quiet in Door County - but a nice change from tourist season.  Looking forward to more time up there this summer!!!  A big thank you to my mom and Karissa for watching the kids while I ran - and Chris, my dad, and Brad for cheering me on. 

2 comments:

Kay said...

We had lots of fun!! Great job Jenny on the run!!! You did really well once again!! We are very proud of all you do!

Marianne said...

Awesome job on the run! Looks like a beautiful weekend and lots of fun!