One by one, each of the kids have started the new school year. So far, so good! The kids are getting used to the new routine, and each of them has friends in their class that they knew prior to this school year.
Andy started the day after Labor Day! He's now in first grade and got really lucky with his teacher (again!) Mrs. Martis is a self-proclaimed goofy teacher - they have jokes of the day, and she knows how to make 6 year olds laugh. They have class pets (right now I think they are fish and some caterpillers turning into butterflies) and Andy has a couple of friends from kindergarten in with him. He knows where everything is at school and is an old pro! He's already getting back into the routine of reading every night, and is becoming very quick!
Getting on the bus - he's the last one to be picked up in the morning and the first one to get dropped off in the afternoon. He gets home 10 minutes earlier this year!
Emily's first day of school was yesterday - and it wasn't really even a full day. She was in the classroom for about an hour while I attended an orientation meeting with the other moms. She was not nervous going into school and sat right down and started playing playdough. When I came back in after the meeting, one of the teachers was holding her and she was asking where mommy was. But she wasn't inconsolable or really crying. They said she was having fun playing with her friends. She has seen a couple of the girls in school, because they are younger sisters of boys in Jack's class. Her class consists of 7 girls and 1 boy! She'll finally have kids to play dolls with :)
I hope next Wednesday goes well for Emmie when she is there for the whole 2 hours. They can always call me if she misses me too much, and once she gets used to it I'm sure she'll be independent and comfortable.
Jack had 4K preschool this morning. He got to bring his lunch to school! (And he ate very well - peanut butter sandwich, yellow bell peppers, yogurt drink, crackers,) He said he remembered kids from last year and his favorite part of the day was playing pretend Spiderman with some boys :) He said there was also music, storytime, riding the bikes in the gym, and doing an art project. He was easy and happy on his first day! Well, easy once he got his way on what he was wearing to school on the first day. I wanted him to wear jeans and a nice t-shirt - he wanted to wear shorts and a favorite t-shirt. We finally settled on running pants (he was worried about having to go potty and not knowing how to button the jeans - well at least that was his argument for needing to wear the comfy pants) and a newer t-shirt. I decided I'd rather have him be happy on his first day than mad and in tears over jeans.
Wanting a picure with his baby sister.
Putting away his new lunch box
Emily, running to the park, in her favorite coat. Even if it's not rainy, I don't think she'll be wearing any others this fall!
Andy won his soccer game tonight!! They played really well. I have to get pictures of him playing next week. He's in a school league with first and second graders. He likes to play defense and had some really good plays this week. Chris has his hands full being the coach of about 15 kids!
1 comment:
Lots of great pictures Jenny and they are all off to a great start with school!!, So cute!!! Lots of hugs and kisses to all!!
Post a Comment