Friday, May 18, 2012

Jack's 4th Birthday, Hiking, Parks and More!

We've had a busy week or two in May!  The weather has been gorgeous and we have been loving it!  
The boys and I went to a minor league Timber Rattlers game last week.  Andy earned a ticket from school for reading and was so excited to see most of his class at the game.  Jack was a trooper, even though the game was long!  We explored after sitting for most of the game and found some great playground equipment for the boys to play on too.

Jack really wanted to go to Funset on his birthday week so we went on Monday night with friends.  The kids loved it of course.  Here are Andy and Jack getting lost in the balls.  Emily even got it with them for some of the time.
 Jack enjoyed opening some presents on his birthday. He loved his Transformers battle bot, his pirate sword, and his stuffed dog that talks to him :)
 We went to the Children's Museum and found this statue in Appleton on his birthday.  Jack definitely loves statues.  I at first thought it was a phase, but it may be a lifelong appreciation that he is building!
 Yum!  Cookie Cake!  Jack picked a rainbow as his decoration - I think he wanted to get as many colors as he could on there.
 We sang happy birthday and he blew out the candles (they were trick ones)  Emily now likes to get the candles out and try to get us to sing again.
 Last weekend we all went for a hike at Highcliff State Park.  It was beautiful and all of the kids (including Bailey) had fun!

 Andy found a great tree to climb up!

 And Jack found an awesome statue to pose by

 And Emily was awfully comfortable in the backpack

 And Bailey was tired, but very happy!
 Chris took the boys to the top of the tower
 This Wednesday Jack, Emily, and I went to Touch A Truck at Memorial Park.  First we played at the park a bit.  Emily loves climbing on anything that bounces now.
 Jack being very serious in the fire truck
 And enjoying the race car
 And looking SO tiny on the big crane
 Emily most enjoyed the bus I think!
 Then, also on Wednesday, we went to Heckrodt Nature Preserve with friends.  Andy had a half day and we had some beautiful weather to enjoy





 And here we are today.  Emily looks a little grumpy because I got her to sit still while I braided her hair while she played with toys.

 It stayed in all day :)
 We went to another park in the morning with friends...
 And the kids had SO much fun running up and down the ramp on the bridge.  My friend Teri and I got to sit and talk while the 3 kids ran.  It was actually pretty relaxing for us!




I went to Andy's fun run this afternoon and pushed Jack and Emily in the jogger.  It was more of a walk because it was about 80 degrees and the kindergarteners were pretty hot.  But it was a great afternoon to get outside and spend time with Andy and his friends.  Jack and I went swimming at open swim tonight.  Earlier in the evening Emily went for a ride with Chris in the bike trailer.  And that brings us to now.  Getting ready for a busy weekend ahead! 

1 comment:

Kay said...

Wow Jenny what a lot of great pictures!!! See you tomorrow!! Love, mom