Thursday, November 10, 2011

First Snow of the Season - Andy loves it!

Yesterday we got our first snow, and it turned out to be a significant amount! It snowed almost all day yesterday and this morning too. Andy has loved playing in it: Throwing snowballs, building a snowman, karate chopping and kicking at the snow. Jack likes the look of it, but in reality it's not so fun for him because he does not want to switch to winter outdoor clothes, like gloves, a zipped coat, boots or snowpants.

Jack came in about 1 minute after stomping around on the driveway...



Emily watched the boys play in the snow for a few minutes, then she was ready to come inside too. She kept her hat on for about 2 minutes...


Action snowball shots!

Emily was much more comfortable watching from inside






Andy brought his winter gear to school today for the first time. He loved playing at recess and was proud that he could do everything on his own - putting on boots, snowpants, coat, etc. (I'm happy he can do it too - it means I only have to get 2 kids dressed for snow now!) He was also thrilled about new snowpants and snowgloves that I picked up today. He has been in the absolute best mood this week. Jack made a neat pinecone birdfeeder at school today and we're excited for the birds to find it on our front tree. And Emily is finally in a better mood after going through some teething pains earlier in the week. We're ready for a laid-back weekend.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Andy sure looks like he is loving the snow this year! I am sure Jack wil soon realize he will news the mittens, boots, etc.!! Glad Emily is feeling better from the teething!! Talk to you soon!

Kay said...

Boy that was a few mistakes, it was supposed to say,I am sure Jack will soon realize he will need the mittens, boots, etc!! The iPad can get tricky!!

Marianne said...

Ben was so jealous! I told him that our time is coming... sooner rather than later! Looks like fun!