Sunday, June 2, 2013

Neenah Fun Run #1

 Tonight was the first Neenah Fun Run of the summer!  All of the kids were very psyched for their races.   Each of the kids ran in their own race this year: Emily in the 1/4 mile 6 and under, Jack in the 1/2 mile 6 and under, and Andy in the 1/2 mile 7-9 Boys' race.  I ran with Emily, and Chris ran along the course cheering the boys on.  Here are some pictures from their events!  (Good to get the pictures, but I lost the lens cap somewhere in the grass...bummer)

Emily before her race.  They had about 10 minutes of pre-race announcements. She was eager to go.

Here she is after about 30 seconds.  Yes, she had already stopped to pick one dandelion.  I think she probably picked about 5 along the way :)  But she did run the whole thing on her own, wearing her cool running shorts! 

 About half way done!
 Here is Jack, right at the start of the race.  He's a pretty intense, focused runner!
 Jack at the very end!  He finished in about 4:54, over 30 seconds faster than last year!!! 
 Here is Andy right at the start (dark blue shirt)
 And I love this picture!  Chris and I were saying how when Andy runs, he is all arms and legs!  You can tell he's enjoying himself.  And I think he may have been waving to me too :)
 At the end, the finish line in sight.  Andy ran it in 4:19, also about 30 seconds than his last race last year.  He pushed it and kept up with the bigger kids.  We are so proud of him!
 And, what's a Fun Run without the treats at the end?  I wish I could sign up to run a half mile for free Dairy Queen, Great Harvest Cookies, Dominos Pizza, and fruit if I could!  The kids each saw lots of kids from their classes which was cool. 




1 comment:

Kay said...

Wow, the kids all did great and looked like they were havng lots of fun too! The treats looked good too at the end! Great job kids!!!