Friday, April 16, 2010

Oh Boy, Oh, Boy, It's a Girl!

We had our ultrasound a week ago for our upcoming addition to the family. The baby looks very healthy and is 47% for size, right in the middle! We did decide to find out what we were having - I was on the fence about it, but Chris really wanted to know. Well, our ultrasound tech revealed that we are having a girl. I was shocked and had her double-check for me :) I have felt so similarly in this pregnancy to my previous ones that I was sure we were having a boy. But she told us to go out and buy lots of pink (something we definitely don't have much of right now!) Andy and Jack are excited to have a baby sister - Andy definitely understanding more than Jack. But Jack will sometimes point to my tummy and say "girl".

Before the ultrasound we told Andy about how Mommy and Daddy were going in to get pictures taken of the baby in mommy's tummy and how they might be able to tell us if it is a girl or a boy. Andy said (direct quote) "Well, that's easy Mommy! If it's a girl, it will have a ponytail and if it's a boy it won't" It made perfect sense to him! So even though we didn't see a ponytail, we still saw a girl. We're still discussing names, and have a lot to get ready for in the next few months. The boys will be sharing a bedroom and we have to get Jack transitioned to a bed this summer. I have a feeling the time is going to fly by, since we are going on a vacation every month between now and August!

No comments: